Hello, and welcome to Tiff Dawg Travels!
Before I left to study abroad in Lyon, France, I toyed with the idea of starting a blog to document my journey. Ultimately, I decided I would only keep a handwritten travel journal for my eyes only. Halfway through my semester at l’université Lumière Lyon 2, I realized my experiences abroad were teaching me invaluable lessons about traveling, the world, and, perhaps most importantly, about myself. I felt an urgent need to record what I was seeing, tasting, feeling, and learning in an accessible form. On rainy November night so cold I didn’t dare leave the comfort of my homestay, Tiff Dawg Travels was born.
Not only do I know what its like to call another country home, but I know just how strongly the urge to travel the world can take hold of your heart, and I know ways to accomplish those travel goals on a student’s budget. This blog is a place for me to reminisce, and share a few nuggets of travel related wisdom.
I’m stateside again and living life in sunny Southern California. I hope to pass on some of my favorite morsels of SoCal life in between all of my oh-so glamorous travel adventures. I’m a part-time foodie, self-proclaimed architecture aficionado, and an expert Disneyland Fastpass retriever. And yet, despite being a SoCal native, I constantly find new places to explore in Los Angles, Orange Country, and the Inland Empire.
In case you’re still wondering who Tiff Dawg is, here are five facts about me:
- I studied at UC Irvine, and I have a B.A. in history. I’m obsessed with the past, and I hope that is reflected in my travel posts.
- I like the smell of old and new books equally.
- I spend way more on Disneyland souvenirs than any responsible 23 year old should- and I’m not ashamed of it.
- I completed my first half marathon in November 2016. I’m currently training for my second!
- As much as I miss my family and friends while I’m trekking around the globe, it breaks my heart the most to leave behind my two pups, Lucy and Lucky.
Thanks for reading!
My next adventure: Hartford, CT + Long Island, NY